Former Harry Potter star wins 2nd MMA bout via split decision
Many will remember Josh Herdman as Slytherin villain Gregory Goyle from the "Harry Potter" film series, but the 30-year-old is now making a name for himself in the world of mixed martial arts.
Herdman defeated Sam Radley via split decision in his second amateur MMA bout for Rise of Champions on Saturday in Brentwood, England.
"I always said I don't want to have just one fight, I want to have at least two or three amateur fights and see what happens," Herdman told the Press Association ahead of Saturday's bout. "I'm excited to test myself. It's generally a great experience, physically and mentally, preparing for a fight."
Herdman, who's set to star in the upcoming movie "Cagefighter," made his MMA debut in April 2016, winning via unanimous decision against Janusz Walachowski.
- Key takeaways and analysis from Week 13 in the NFL
- NFL Playoff Picture - Week 13: Postseason seeds, projected draft order
- Love shines on SNF as Packers limit Chiefs, Mahomes for 3rd straight win
- Braves acquire Kelenic, Gonzales in 5-player trade with Mariners
- Panarin's 4 points propel Rangers past Sharks