Seattle mayor says group has submitted NHL expansion application
Seattle appears to be one step closer to having an NHL team, as the city's mayor Jenny Durkan on Tuesday announced that Oak View Group Seattle submitted its application to the league for an expansion franchise.
The NHL also confirmed it had received the application, according to Chris Daniels of K5 News.
The application includes a down payment of $10 million, according to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.
The next steps for the group will be a review of the application, a submission of additional information, league due diligence, review with the Executive Committee, and a recommendation to the Board, according to TSN's Pierre LeBrun.
- Blue Jays' Gausman: Giants never made me an offer
- Report: Sabres prospect Levi among Canada's Olympic goaltenders
- Gonzaga suspends Stockton's season tickets over his refusal to wear mask
- ECHL indefinitely suspends player accused of making racist gesture
- Report: Payton yet to commit to Saints for '22, unlikely to coach another team