Top 5 NHL hits of 2017
The 2017 NHL season delivered many memorable moments, from a second-straight Stanley Cup in Pittsburgh, an expansion team in Vegas, and a first overall pick by New Jersey.
On the ice, dynamic goals, amazing plays, and key saves made up most of the highlight reels, but 2017 also offered a handful of hits worth watching again:
5. Lucic wallops Watson
What's a highlight reel without a hit from Milan Lucic? The Edmonton Oilers power forward has made many fans in the Alberta capital with his ability to play the body, like this crushing blow to Austin Watson of the Nashville Predators.
4. McCabe levels Laine
The Winnipeg Jets live by one rule: Don't touch Patrik Laine. It appears Jake McCabe and the Buffalo Sabres didn't receive that memo.
3. Zadorov lines up Scheifele
Not much went right for the Colorado Avalanche last season, but fans were given at least one reason to cheer in this February contest when blue-liner Nikita Zadorov delivered a big hit on Jets forward Mark Scheifele.
2. Hendricks helps Sproul change on the fly
Coaches preach short shifts. Here, former Edmonton Oilers forward Matt Hendricks helps Detroit Red Wings defenseman Ryan Sproul chip away a few seconds from his ice time.
1. Orlov sends Duchene head over heels
It was a long year for ex-Avs forward Matt Duchene, surrounded by trade speculation as he awaited a deal out of Denver. But nothing may have turned Duchene's world upside down like this hip check courtesy of Washington Capitals blue-liner Dmitry Orlov.
- Latvia stuns USA in overtime to win bronze at Worlds
- Spoelstra resolute after loss: We're going to 'get it done' in Game 7
- Garoppolo's contract with Raiders includes injury waiver clause
- Angels commit 2 errors in 10th, waste Ohtani outing in loss to Marlins
- White plays hero as Celtics move within 1 win of historic comeback