Report: Bettman, Rockets owner met to discuss viability of Houston franchise
The meeting reportedly took place within the past few weeks, although Bettman would not confirm when contacted by The Athletic.
He did say the league is not looking to relocate any teams at the moment, but added a caveat in regards to Houston.
"If Houston were to express an interest in having an NHL franchise, under the right circumstances, it's something we might want to consider," he said.
The Rockets play at the Toyota Center, which opened in 2003 and can hold 17,800 when fitted for a rink.
- Report: Orioles nearing 1-year deal with Odor
- LeBron enters health and safety protocols, ruled out vs. Kings
- Evander Kane: Reports of Sharks' locker room tension 'news to me'
- Taysom declares himself fit despite partially torn plantar fascia
- Report: Giants' Jones has neck strain, Glennon expected to start vs. Dolphins