Golden Knights lose another goalie to injury as Dansk leaves game
Dansk skated off gingerly under his own power after John Tavares scored a power-play goal to tie the game late in the second period.
(Video courtesy: NHL.com)
He was replaced by 24-year-old undrafted netminder Maxime Lagace, who allowed four goals on 11 shots in his NHL debut.
The Golden Knights later announced Dansk would not return to Monday's game.
Dansk won all three games he played for the Golden Knights before Monday's contest, including a shutout of the Colorado Avalanche on Friday. He stopped 17 of the 19 shots he faced before getting hurt.
As for who might replace Dansk if he's forced to miss any additional time, Golden Knights assistant general manager Kelly McCrimmon told NHL.com's Dan Rosen that depending on the injury, the first option for any emergency recall before Tuesday's game against the New York Rangers is Dylan Ferguson of the WHL's Kamloops Blazers.
- Canucks beat Bruins in shootout as Boudreau wins 2nd straight game
- Warriors knock off Trail Blazers but Curry falls short of 3-point record
- Ortiz: I have 'faith' Schilling will be elected to HOF this year
- Rockets beat shorthanded Nets for 7th straight win
- Puig joins KBO's Kiwoom Heroes on 1-year, $1M deal