Manfred intends to 'deal with' Indians logo during offseason
During the press conference explaining the five-game suspension of Houston Astros first baseman Yuli Gurriel, MLB commissioner Rob Manfred was asked about Chief Wahoo - the logo of the Cleveland Indians.
"Look, I see a difference between behavior from one player directed specifically at a player and a logo," Manfred responded, according to ASAP Sports. "While both are problematic, I don't see them as the same issue."
Addressing the topic more directly, the commissioner added that "we continue to have conversations with the Indians about the logo, and it's an issue I intend to deal with in the offseason."
Gurriel was handed a five-game suspension that will begin at the onset of the 2018 season. The Astros first baseman will not appeal the suspension.
- 'Shame on us': Cooper irked Lightning took costly penalty in 3rd vs. Bruins
- Sullivan: Refs should've penalized Canes for 'dangerous hit' leading to OT winner
- Watch: Ovechkin passes Gretzky for most all-time road goals
- Doncic's 41-point triple-double helps Mavs edge Warriors
- Report: Astros in discussions with Contreras