Manfred intends to 'deal with' Indians logo during offseason
During the press conference explaining the five-game suspension of Houston Astros first baseman Yuli Gurriel, MLB commissioner Rob Manfred was asked about Chief Wahoo - the logo of the Cleveland Indians.
"Look, I see a difference between behavior from one player directed specifically at a player and a logo," Manfred responded, according to ASAP Sports. "While both are problematic, I don't see them as the same issue."
Addressing the topic more directly, the commissioner added that "we continue to have conversations with the Indians about the logo, and it's an issue I intend to deal with in the offseason."
Gurriel was handed a five-game suspension that will begin at the onset of the 2018 season. The Astros first baseman will not appeal the suspension.
- Hyman scores 3 as Oilers smash Hurricanes for 5th straight win
- Report: Candelario agrees to 3-year, $45M deal with Reds
- Clippers overcome Jokic's triple-double to snap 8-game series skid vs. Nuggets
- By the numbers: Standout stats from a record-breaking night in the NBA
- Report: Angels still alive in push to re-sign Ohtani