Youngest Ball, 16-year-old LaMelo, debuts signature sneaker
Another piece of Big Baller Brand merchandise hit the ground running Thursday.
LaMelo Ball, who turned 16 last week, is debuting his own sneaker, according to Franklyn Calle from SLAM, becoming the first high school basketball prospect to have a signature shoe.
Big Baller Brand is calling the MB1 one of the lightest basketball sneakers on the market, and it's priced at $395. It's scheduled for a holiday season release.
Life is interesting for the teenage LaMelo. For example, with 2.4 million Instagram followers, he would sometimes have to be escorted out the side doors after games because of large crowds looking for an autograph or photo.
LaMelo is currently committed to UCLA as part of their 2019 recruit class, following in the footsteps of his older brothers Lonzo, drafted No. 2 by the Lakers this summer, and LiAngelo, who is set to begin his freshman year with the Bruins this year.
- Barnes' big night helps Raptors spoil Celtics' home opener
- Knicks set franchise mark for 3-pointers, cruise past Magic
- Bassitt: Teams that illegally steal signs in future should face lifetime ban
- Gerald Green retires from NBA, will join Rockets as player development coach
- Broncos' Fangio 'not worried' about coaching status after 4th straight loss