Clemson celebrates national title at White House
The large party from Clemson couldn't resist getting at least one school chant in before the proceedings began.
Head coach Dabo Swinney brought the CFP trophy along for the ride as well, placing it in fine position for an impressive photo.
President Trump had some very kind words for the Tigers, saying he was impressed with how they "willed" themselves to victory over Alabama. He also took the time to call star quarterback Deshaun Watson on stage to commend him for his performance in the national championship game.
Trump also predicted that Watson, drafted in the first round by the Houston Texans, would be a great NFL player. While it's certainly high praise for the quarterback, Watson is probably hoping his pro career turns out better than other college stars Trump has revered in the past.
- Report: Lakers-Warriors set for NBA's opening night
- Jeanie Buss: Lakers must continue quest to surpass Celtics in titles
- Sharks' Knyzhov out 6 months with torn Achilles tendon
- Report: Jets' Wilson out 2-4 weeks with meniscus tear, bone bruise
- Rookie of the Year rankings: Adley makes his push, Braves' pair rules in NL