Report: Markelle Fultz to interview with lotto teams at draft combine
Every team in the top end of the draft lottery will get their shot to interview the potential No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming NBA draft.
Jonathan Givony of Draft Express reports that Markelle Fultz will meet with the Boston Celtics during the NBA combine. Boston will receive the 2017 first-round pick from the Brooklyn Nets, who finished with the worst record in the league this season.
That pick has a 25 percent chance of landing first overall and a 46.5 percent chance of finishing in the top two. Fultz is unanimously considered a top pick in the draft along with Lonzo Ball.
Phoenix, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Sacramento, and New York will also have their chance to speak with Fultz, ESPN's Jeff Goodman reports.
The 6-foot-4 Fultz projects to be a transcendent talent at the NBA level. He averaged 23.2 points, 5.9 assists, and 1.6 steals per game as a freshman, while hitting 50.2 percent from the field and 41.3 percent from deep.
- What the odds say: Who will Fields play for next?
- Marshawn Lynch resolves Vegas DUI case without trial or conviction
- NBA futures: Separating NBA Finals contenders from pretenders
- Patriots OC: 'Everything is on the table' at QB amid draft, Mac Jones rumors
- Dubas: Penguins 'running out of time' as deadline looms