Watch: McDavid snipes filthy goal after burning Ducks' Vatanen
Connor McDavid is unreal.
The Edmonton Oilers captain scored a tremendous goal Sunday night in Game 3 against the Anaheim Ducks, cutting back to leave Sami Vatanen in the dust, then firing a perfect shot past John Gibson to tie up the contest.
Anaheim scored less than a minute later to re-take the lead, but that shouldn't take anything away from McDavid's eye-popping play.
The Ducks blew a 3-0 lead before restoring the one-goal edge midway through the second period.
Vatanen made his return to the Ducks' lineup Sunday after missing the final three contests of Anaheim's four-game sweep over the Calgary Flames and the first two games against the Oilers with an injury.
- Ortiz joins 2022 HOF class as Bonds, Clemens fall off ballot
- Rodgers says once he retires, he won't make any comeback
- NBA Podcast: Harden to Philly? Plus Bulls injuries and Mavs' defense
- Brown: Bucs offered me $200K to seek mental health treatment
- 'Old Man' Love relishing reserve role with rising Cavaliers