Twitter praises Benning for Burrows trade, throws shade at Sens
It's rare that Vancouver Canucks fans can applaud the actions of their acting general manager.
However, after it was confirmed that the team had acquired 2016 second-round pick Jonathan Dahlen from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for Alex Burrows, the hockey world applauded the move by Jim Benning.
That being said, some shade was thrown at Benning's past and the apparent misplay by the Senators' management group. It's classic Twitter.
Some might call the move mythical in nature.
Canucks fans reading Twitter today.
It was quite surprising though.
And maybe fans will have renewed faith in Benning.
As for the Senators, it wasn't great value on their part.
Especially when considering who you were dealing with.
The deal was bad. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. It was yuge!
And, of course, no reaction piece is complete without it:
- What the odds say: Who will Fields play for next?
- Marshawn Lynch resolves Vegas DUI case without trial or conviction
- NBA futures: Separating NBA Finals contenders from pretenders
- Patriots OC: 'Everything is on the table' at QB amid draft, Mac Jones rumors
- Dubas: Penguins 'running out of time' as deadline looms