Laine's first 2 career shootout goals were identical
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
That appeared to be Patrik Laine's thought process on the first two shootout attempts of his NHL career, as this side-by-side GIF illustrates.
Laine scored on a slick move Tuesday in an eventual shootout loss to the Detroit Red Wings, using the exact same move he successfully pulled off in a shootout win over the Los Angeles Kings on Nov. 13.
The Winnipeg Jets rookie scored a goal and added an assist in regulation Tuesday, padding his impressive early-season totals.
Laine is tied with Sidney Crosby for the league lead with 17 goals (albeit in nine additional games played), and the 18-year-old leads all rookies in both goals and points early on.
- Binnington makes 42 saves to propel Blues past Golden Knights
- Dodgers pushed to brink after another pitching plan goes awry
- Rosario stars as Braves thump Dodgers, close in on pennant
- Justin Turner likely out for playoffs with hamstring injury
- Knicks open season with instant-classic 2OT win over Celtics at MSG