Ex-teammate Weise: Subban an 'easy scapegoat' for Canadiens
"I would say no, I might be a bit biased because we are close as friends," Weise explained. "But I never saw (a) problem with it. I think they were looking for an excuse, and I think he was the guy that could be easily targeted as a guy that could be a distraction."
Related: Subban pumps up crowd at Titans game
"You see his personality, you see who he is," Weise added. "He is who he is all the time. What you see on camera, on the ice, that's PK Subban all the time. He doesn't change. I never saw one guy have a problem with it (in) the locker room.
"I think the team was looking to make an excuse. I think he's an easy scapegoat."
- Edwards calls out T-Wolves after loss to Pelicans: 'Lock the f--- in'
- Merzlikins unfazed by fan's taunts over Kivlenieks' death: 'I believe in karma'
- Saints grind out MNF win, drop Seahawks to 2-5
- Blues off to franchise-best start as Husso blanks Kings
- Andersen stops former team, undefeated Hurricanes beat Leafs