Subban on move to Nashville: 'It was a personality trade'
P.K. Subban believes the trade that sent him to the Music City had more to do with his personality than his game.
Dealt to Nashville in an offseason blockbuster deal that returned former Predators captain Shea Weber to the Montreal Canadiens, the outspoken Subban didn't hold back in discussing the trade with Alex Prewitt of Sports Illustrated.
"People said it was a hockey trade. I think it's the furthest from that. I think it was a personality trade," Subban told Prewitt, according to TSN's Frank Seravalli.
The trade has continued to make headlines in both markets, with Canadiens goalie Carey Price saying Weber is a better fit with the Habs, and Subban quickly becoming a fan favorite among the Predators faithful.
- Edwards calls out T-Wolves after loss to Pelicans: 'Lock the f--- in'
- Merzlikins unfazed by fan's taunts over Kivlenieks' death: 'I believe in karma'
- Saints grind out MNF win, drop Seahawks to 2-5
- Blues off to franchise-best start as Husso blanks Kings
- Andersen stops former team, undefeated Hurricanes beat Leafs