Season preview: Tampa Bay Lightning depth chart
theScore is previewing each team leading up to the 2016-17 season.
The Tampa Bay Lightning came within one win of a return trip to the Stanley Cup Final last season, and head into the 2016-17 campaign with a roster loaded with enough talent to finish the job this time around.
Here's a look at the projected depth chart for 2016-17.
|Alex Killorn||Steven Stamkos||Jonathan Drouin|
|Ondrej Palat||Tyler Johnson||Nikita Kucherov|
|Vladislav Namestnikov||Valtteri Filppula||Ryan Callahan|
|Cedric Paquette||Brian Boyle||J.T. Brown|
- Callahan is expected to start the season on the sidelines after offseason hip surgery, giving Cory Conacher and Erik Condra a chance to move down from the press box and into the opening-night lineup.
|Victor Hedman||Anton Stralman|
|Jason Garrison||Andrej Sustr|
|Braydon Coburn||Nikita Nestorov|
- James Wisniewski will attend training camp on a professional tryout, and he'll have a good shot at cracking the top six if healthy, and if the Lightning can free up some cap space.
- Vasilevskiy appeared ready for prime time when called on to fill in for an injured Bishop during the Eastern Conference Finals, and there's a good chance the latter - an unrestricted free agent next summer - will finish the season on a different team.
NHL Depth Charts
- Watch: Sale goes berserk in minor-league clubhouse after poor rehab start
- Yankees collect season-high 22 hits in 16-0 demolition of Pirates
- Royals hit 3 HRs off Javier, end Astros' 8-game win streak
- Fried rolls as homer-happy Braves shut down Cardinals
- Ohtani makes more history with incredible 4-game stretch on mound