Benn's core muscle surgery to keep him out 6 weeks
"His full recovery time is expected to be six weeks, putting him on schedule to be ready for the 2016-17 season. Jamie will be re-evaluated after the six-week rehabilitation process, at which time, his availability for the World Cup of Hockey will be determined," Stars general manager Jim Nill said.
It's unknown when the injury was sustained, but the 26-year-old has only missed one game over the past three seasons.
Last season, Benn was a Hart Trophy finalist for the second straight season, racking up a career high 41 goals and 89 points, adding an extra 15 points in 13 playoff contests.
- Ortiz joins 2022 HOF class as Bonds, Clemens fall off ballot
- Rodgers says once he retires, he won't make any comeback
- NBA Podcast: Harden to Philly? Plus Bulls injuries and Mavs' defense
- Brown: Bucs offered me $200K to seek mental health treatment
- 'Old Man' Love relishing reserve role with rising Cavaliers