Canadiens fans outraged after Subban trade to Nashville
Just like that, the face of the Montreal Canadiens is no more.
The Nashville Predators and Montreal Canadiens shocked the hockey world by swapping P.K. Subban for Shea Weber. And while Nashville fans may be excited about their newest acquisition, it's clear, the Montreal faithful don't share that same sentiment.
The trade was such a blow that loyal fans appear to be intent on abandoning ship.
Unfortunately for the fan base, Wednesday's trade doesn't mark the first time a potential superstar has been dealt.
Of course, the club's front office is receiving nearly all the blame.
While the emotions felt in Montreal are summed up perfectly here.
Anger clearly is part of the grieving process.
The Subban trade - combined with Taylor Hall being dealt to New Jersey and news Steven Stamkos is staying in Tampa Bay - pretty much sums up the hockey world in general.
- Report: Strasburg has severe nerve damage, shut down from rehab
- Malone warns against complacency: Nuggets 'haven't done a damn thing'
- Twins place Gallo on IL with hamstring strain
- Moncada scores on wild pitch that strikes ump, White Sox walk off Tigers
- Report: Bills, Oliver agree to 4-year, $68M extension