Sharks' Ward finds himself busy for Game 7 of Thunder-Warriors
One problem for Bay Area sports fans: At the same time, the Golden State Warriors will be hosting the Oklahoma City Thunder in Game 7 of the NBA's Western Conference finals. Count Sharks winger Joel Ward as one foiled by the scheduling.
"It sucks," Ward said Monday afternoon, according to Yahoo Sports' Greg Wyshinski. "I wanted to watch the (Warriors). I was hoping it'd be tomorrow."
As far as the viewing conundrum goes, a Warriors win in Game 7 would make the Bay Area the first region since New Jersey in 2003 (Devils and Nets), to have both their NBA and NHL teams playing in their respective league's championship series at the same time.
"Both teams are making the Bay Area proud, and the Bay Area will support both teams," Sharks forward Tommy Wingels said. "There's a reason you have 35 TVs at a sports bar, right?"
- Rodgers says once he retires, he won't make any comeback
- NBA Podcast: Harden to Philly? Plus Bulls injuries and Mavs' defense
- Brown: Bucs offered me $200K to seek mental health treatment
- 'Old Man' Love relishing reserve role with rising Cavaliers
- Report: MLB, MLBPA make progress on minimum salary, pre-arbitration bonus pool