Flames' Jokipakka could miss World Cup after hip surgery
The procedure may keep Jokipakka from playing for Finland at this fall's World Cup in Toronto, Burke said. Jokipakka was added to the Finnish squad last week when the club filled out its roster.
Jokipakka will turn 25 in August, and a decision on his status will be made later in the summer. The Flames are quite pleased that he was added to the roster, according to Burke, who said the inclusion speaks to the kid's bright future.
Acquired in a deadline deal that sent Kris Russell to the Dallas Stars, Jokipakka had six assists in 18 games as a Flame, logging slightly under 18 minutes per game. He has two goals and 20 assists in 109 career games, and is set for restricted free agency after the 2016-17 season.
- With h/t to Pro Hockey Talk
- California police investigating Giddey for alleged relationship with minor
- Vilardi miffed with former teammate Lizotte after injury: 'It's a stupid play'
- Kane aiming to make Red Wings debut in next 7-10 days
- Perry becomes free agent after clearing unconditional waivers
- Cuban: 'No plans' for presidential run after selling majority stake in Mavs