Report: Laferriere to sign with Kings on ELC, will join team imminently
The Los Angeles Kings are set to sign forward prospect Alex Laferriere to an entry-level contract now that his sophomore season at Harvard has concluded, Daily Faceoff's Frank Seravalli reports.
Laferriere is expected to burn the first year of his deal and play regular-season games for Los Angeles down the stretch, Seravalli adds.
Harvard was eliminated from the NCAA Tournament by Ohio State earlier this week. Fellow Crimson standouts Sean Farrell (Montreal Canadiens) and Matthew Coronato (Calgary Flames) also signed with their respective NHL clubs in the aftermath of the loss.
The Kings selected Laferriere in the third round of the 2020 draft. He finished second in Harvard's scoring race this season with 42 points in 34 games.
- XFL, USFL announce plans to merge
- Week 4 round-robin underdog parlay: Connecting games with a London bridge
- Phillies deny entry to fan with emotional support alligator
- Reaves thought about playing with Wembanyama before returning to Lakers
- Judge: Yankees' season has felt like 'dragged out, painful death'