Canadiens sign Harvard standout Sean Farrell to 3-year, entry-level deal
The Montreal Canadiens and top forward prospect Sean Farrell agreed to terms on a three-year, entry-level contract, the team announced Sunday.
Farrell will join the Habs on their upcoming trip to take on the Buffalo Sabres on Monday and the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday.
The 21-year-old winger enjoyed a standout campaign for Harvard in 2022-23. He paced the team with 33 assists and 53 points in 34 games while tying Matthew Coronato for the second-most goals on the squad with 20.
In two seasons with the Crimson, Farrell compiled 30 tallies and 81 points across 58 contests. He notched a career-best five-point game at Dartmouth in February.
Harvard's campaign ended with an 8-1 loss to Ohio State on Friday at the NCAA Tournament.
The Canadiens selected Farrell in the fourth round of the 2020 NHL Draft.
- Boeser up to league-leading 17 goals as Canucks hand Ducks 7th straight loss
- In-Season Tournament roundup: Celtics, Kings advance as quarterfinal matchups set
- Oilers down Golden Knights in shootout for 3rd straight win
- Wild snap 7-game skid with win in Hynes' debut behind bench
- Watch: Leafs squeak out shootout victory after Panthers' winner overturned