UNLV fires Arroyo after 7-23 record
LAS VEGAS (AP) — UNLV fired football coach Marcus Arroyo, athletic director Erick Harper announced on Monday.
Arroyo went 7-23 over three seasons. He had two years left on his $7.7 million contract. Harper said Arroyo would be paid $2.3 million over the remainder of that term.
Kenwick Thompson will serve as the interim coach if UNLV, which is 5-7, is invited to a bowl. The Rebels began this season 4-1 before going on a six-game losing streak.
AP college football: https://apnews.com/hub/college-football and https://twitter.com/ap_top25. Sign up for the AP’s college football newsletter: https://tinyurl.com/mrxhe6f2
- Report: Alabama hiring Notre Dame's Rees as new OC
- Report: Oklahoma, Texas unlikely to exit early for SEC after talks stall
- Recruiting wrap-up: Takeaways from the 2023 cycle
- 4-star QB Rashada signs with Arizona State to end wild recruitment
- Nyckoles Harbor, nation's top athlete, commits to South Carolina