Bennett to return to Georgia for 2022 season
"One more year," wrote Bennett on Instagram.
The former walk-on led the Bulldogs to their first national championship since 1980.
Bennett won offensive MVP honors in the game after completing 17-of-26 passes for 224 yards and two touchdowns, with both scores coming in the fourth quarter to seal the win over Alabama.
The 23-year-old took over for an injured JT Daniels toward the start of the season and won the job permanently. He ended the year with 2,862 yards and 29 touchdowns against seven interceptions and an 11-1 record.
Reports that Daniels entered the transfer portal came shortly before Bennett announced his return.
Bennett can play a sixth season thanks to the NCAA's COVID-19 exemption.
- 4-star QB Holstein joins Bama after decommitting from Texas A&M in March
- Nebraska ending traditional 1st-touchdown balloon release
- Spurrier backs Alabama's Saban in feud with Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher
- ACC revenue up in 2020-21 with Notre Dame in football chase
- Mountain West to eliminate football divisions in 2023