Howard ready for Michigan-Ohio State football matchup: 'I'm the 12th man'
"They're gonna need me out there. I'm going to be out there loud, lose my voice, because I am coming with the energy," Howard said Wednesday following Michigan's win over Tarleton State, according to ESPN's Myron Medcalf. "I don't know if (there is) a 12th man in football, but I feel like I'm the 12th man."
Jim Harbaugh has gone 0-5 against the Buckeyes since taking over as the Wolverines head coach. With another chance to get his first victory against Ohio State, Howard is confident Harbaugh and his coaching staff will be up to the task.
"I love our game plan. I haven't seen it, but I trust it. I also love our players, led by so many outstanding young student-athletes starting with my man (Aidan Hutchinson)," Howard said. "I can keep going. I can name the entire roster. That's how locked in I am."
Michigan football enters Saturday's highly anticipated matchup ranked sixth in the nation with a 10-1 record.
- Big Ten signs 7-year media deal with CBS, Fox, NBC for reported $7B
- Power 5 preview: Each Big Ten team's key word for the 2022 season
- FIU's Luke Knox, brother of Bills' Dawson Knox, dies at 22
- Report: CFP board ponders breaking football away from NCAA governance
- Power 5 preview: Most important name for each Big 12 team