Tyreke Johnson transferring from Ohio State to Nebraska
Johnson appeared in 12 games over his three-year stay with the Buckeyes. The former top-50 recruit never started a game for Ohio State and finished his career there with just 12 tackles.
Johnson goes to a Nebraska team that ranked seventh in the Big Ten in scoring defense last season. He'll join a secondary that projects to start junior Cam Taylor-Britt and sophomore Quinton Newsome at cornerback in 2021.
Ohio State is scheduled to visit Nebraska on Nov. 6, giving Johnson a chance to face his former peers before the end of the year.
- Report: New deal will place Georgia's Smart among highest-paid FBS coaches
- Highsmith returns to Miami as GM of football operations
- Kiffin: College football is 'a professional sport'
- 4-star QB Holstein joins Bama after decommitting from Texas A&M in March
- Nebraska ending traditional 1st-touchdown balloon release