5-star recruit Dylan Harper commits to Rutgers
Dylan Harper, a five-star point guard in the 2024 class, committed to Rutgers on Wednesday, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
The New Jersey product turned down interest from Duke, Kansas, Indiana, and Auburn in selecting the Scarlet Knights.
Harper is the No. 2 recruit in the class of 2024 behind Duke's Cooper Flagg, according to ESPN.
Harper joins five-star small forward Airious "Ace" Bailey, who committed to Rutgers in November.
"We're gonna be better than the Fab Five," he told reporters shortly after his commitment.
The 6-foot-5 point guard is the son of Ron Harper Sr., the eighth overall pick in the 1986 NBA draft. Harper Sr. spent 15 years in the league, winning five titles with the Chicago Bulls in the 1990s.
Harper's brother, Ron Harper Jr., played for Rutgers from 2018-2022. Harper Jr. signed a two-way contract with the Toronto Raptors after he wasn't selected in the 2022 NBA Draft.
- Purdue star Edey to declare for NBA draft after season
- Birthday boy Jones drops 34 again as No. 7 Marquette rout Xavier
- St. John's beats No. 15 Creighton at MSG for biggest win under Pitino
- Edey matches season high with 35 points, No. 3 Purdue beats Michigan
- Spencer's 25 lifts No. 1 UConn to bounce-back win over Villanova