Alabama gains commitment from top-25 big man Aiden Sherrell
Alabama made a big addition to its 2024 recruiting class, with top-25 big man Aiden Sherrell committing to the program on Tuesday, he told ESPN's Jeff Borzello.
The Crimson Tide beat out Ohio State, Texas, Oklahoma, and Michigan State in the recruiting battle.
Sherrell holds the No. 21 spot in ESPN's 2024 rankings, one spot away from a five-star grade.
The 6-foot-11 big man from Detroit is primed to anchor head coach Nate Oats' defense during the 2024-25 season. Rim protection is a key part of the program's defensive scheme, ranking in the top 100 in block percentage in four straight seasons, according to KenPom.
Sherrell marks the first top-100 commitment of the 2024 class for Alabama. The Crimson Tide have had at least two top-100 recruits in three straight seasons.
- White's 27 points leads UNC-Wilmington to upset over No. 12 Kentucky
- Georgia Tech hands No. 7 Duke 2nd loss to unranked team this week
- Wisconsin takes down No. 3 Marquette to continue in-state rivalry success
- Love scores 14, No. 2 Arizona overwhelms Colgate in second half
- No. 8 Miami opens ACC play with win over Notre Dame