Ex-North Carolina guard Love transferring to Michigan
Former North Carolina guard Caleb Love announced Friday that he is transferring to Michigan.
Love announced on March 27 that he would be leaving the Tar Heels after three seasons. He averaged 16.7 points and 3.7 rebounds in his junior campaign.
An explosive scorer, Love will look to help Michigan fill the void left by guards Jett Howard and Kobe Bufkin, who declared for the NBA draft. The Wolverines are also losing star center Hunter Dickinson to the transfer portal.
Love helped North Carolina reach the 2022 national championship game in his sophomore season. He averaged 18.8 points over six NCAA Tournament games, including a 28-point performance to help the Tar Heels defeat Duke in the Final Four.
- No. 10 Duke routs Louisville as Filipowski shakes off court-storming injury
- Knecht scores 39 to lead No. 4 Tennessee past No. 11 Auburn
- Kalkbrenner leads No. 12 Creighton in rout of Seton Hall
- No. 5 Marquette trounces Providence despite losing Kolek in 2nd half
- Samuel carries No. 24 Florida to victory over Missouri