G League Ignite signs 4-star guard London Johnson
London Johnson, a four-star guard in the 2023 class, will sign with the G League Ignite program ahead of the upcoming season, he told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
Johnson's deal will be in the seven figures and count as the largest Ignite salary since its inception in 2020, sources told Charania.
The No. 32 ranked player in ESPN's prospect rankings will reclassify into the 2022 recruiting class with the intention of playing two seasons with the team. He bypassed offers from North Carolina, Clemson, NC State, Virginia, and USC to sign with the Ignite.
"The main (reason for signing) was being able to play against NBA talent and getting coached from the highest level NBA coaches," Johnson said. "Also, seeing the success from past (prospects), I really felt like I could create my own path and be successful myself."
Johnson will join potential top-three pick Scoot Henderson and former NBA player John Jenkins in the Ignite's backcourt.
- Dickinson has 25 points as No. 5 Kansas struggles past Eastern Illinois
- Sheppard, No. 12 Kentucky overwhelm No. 8 Miami in ACC/SEC Challenge
- Kolek, No. 3 Marquette cruise past Southern
- Braden Smith flirts with triple-double again as No. 1 Purdue routs Texas Southern
- Love drops career-high 23 points for No. 9 Baylor in win over Nicholls