Top 2022 recruit Sharpe commits to Kentucky
The 6-foot-5 shooting guard picked the Wildcats over a group of finalists, including Kansas, Arizona, Oklahoma State, and the G League Ignite.
Sharpe hails from London, Ontario, and previously represented Canada at the FIBA U16 Americas Championship in 2019. He currently plays for Dream City Christian School in Glendale, Arizona.
The 18-year-old becomes the No. 1 prospect in 2022 after Memphis recruit Emoni Bates reclassified to 2021 early last month. Sharpe is Kentucky's first No. 1 recruit since Nerlens Noel in 2012 and the first top-five recruit since Bam Adebayo in 2016.
The Wildcats are coming off their first losing season since 1988-89, finishing the most recent campaign 9-16.
- Top-ranked Gonzaga fully reloaded after run to championship game
- No. 12 Memphis poised to chase title with No. 1 class, vets
- Expectations high at UConn in coach Hurley's 4th season
- Hall of Famer, Olympic coach Wright returns to loaded Villanova
- Beard builds transfer-heavy lineup for debut season at No. 5 Texas