Kenyon Martin Jr. declares for NBA draft
IMG Academy forward Kenyon Martin Jr. has declared for the 2020 NBA Draft, he confirmed through his Instagram account on Tuesday.
Martin is the son of NBA veteran Kenyon Martin, who played parts of 15 seasons in the league after being selected first overall by the New Jersey Nets in the 2000 draft.
The 19-year-old Martin Jr. previously suited up for Sierra Canyon, the high school powerhouse where LeBron James' and Dwyane Wade's sons currently play. Instead of moving to an NCAA D-1 program afterward, Martin Jr. opted to attend IMG Academy for a post-graduate year. He averaged 20 points and eight assists for the school this season.
Martin Jr. is considered a four-star recruit and ranks 100th on the 2020 ESPN 100.
- Long Beach State spoils Bronny's NCAA debut with OT win over USC
- Jones scores 29, Memphis beats No. 21 Texas A&M
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters
- Washington rallies in 2nd half, tops No. 7 Gonzaga
- Ighodaro scores 20 points, No. 8 Marquette rolls past Notre Dame