LaVar promoted to head coach of sons' Lithuanian team for tournament finale
LaVar Ball is looking to build on his coaching success in a bigger role.
The father of LaMelo and LiAngelo will serve as the head coach of BC Vytautas for Sunday's Big Baller Brand Challenge tilt versus Jonava.
LaVar made his Vytautas coaching debut Tuesday as an assistant coach, leading the club to a 147-142 victory over Alytaus Dzukija as his sons combined for 80 points.
Sunday's contest marks the finale of the BBB Showcase, which was created to give the Ball brothers substantial playing time. The team's coming off an 86-78 loss to Juventus on Saturday in Lithuanian (LKL) League action.
- Tennessee signs 5-star recruit, former LSU commit Julian Phillips
- Weber State head coach Rahe retiring after 16 seasons
- Clemson adds G Brevin Galloway to men's basketball roster
- Iowa assistant Kirk Speraw retiring after 43-year career
- Notre Dame's Brey: 'Everybody should shut up and adjust' to transfer portal, NIL