VIDEO: Joel Embiid shows off range in pregame workout
The prodigal third overall pick from 2014 is a tantalizing talent, a nimble 7-footer with range that extends out to the 3-point line and size to dominate down low.
But the Embiid investment has yet to yield dividends on account of a perpetually broken foot. He's yet to play a single game for the team, and isn't expected to take the court until the 2016-17 season.
At the very least, it appears Embiid is in shape (something that was in question months ago), and making progress in his recovery. The video above shows Embiid shooting around prior to the Sixers' loss to the Miami Heat on Friday.
- LeBron: 'I've got to do better for this team' after 3OT loss to Kings
- Rookie of the Year rankings: Barnes off to fast start
- What's driving the decline in NBA and NHL attendance?
- Morant diagnosed with knee sprain following preliminary imaging
- Curry's 32 points help Warriors top Trail Blazers, improve to 17-2