PHOTOS: Stephon Marbury honored with his own Beijing museum
Stephon Marbury loves China, and China loves him right back.
The former NBA guard, who earned the Beijing Ducks three Chinese Basketball Association championships in four seasons, will have a museum dedicated to him open to the public on Monday.
"House of Marbury" will be 300 square feet full of Marbury's photos and jerseys.
"Today was one of the best days of my life in opening my own museum The House OF Marbury," Marbury announced from his Weibo account, according to China Daily.
"I couldn't have dreamed this dream for myself although God has created another miracle in this life for me. Without my teammates, coaches and fans from Beijing this wouldn't be possible."
This is not the first time Marbury has been honored. He was adopted as an honorary citizen of Beijing, and has his own statute outside of the Ducks' home court.
- Malone warns against complacency: Nuggets 'haven't done a damn thing'
- Built for this: Jokic and Murray are the NBA's ultimate playoff duo
- Report: Suns set to hire Frank Vogel on 5-year, $31M contract
- Jokic-Murray 2-man game, Miami's zone, and more observations before Game 2
- Silver: NBA to announce ruling on Ja after Finals