Chris Paul says he's 'unbelievably happy' DeAndre Jordan re-signed
The Los Angeles Clippers are reunited with DeAndre Jordan, and Chris Paul couldn't be happier.
For a moment, it looked as if the Clippers would take a giant step back with Jordan's departure, as the hulking center had verbally committed to signing with the Dallas Mavericks. However, Jordan had a change of heart and after huddling up with teammates, Jordan decided to stay in Los Angeles.
For that, Paul was delighted.
In the brief instant where Jordan committed to the Mavericks, reports painted Paul's grating personality as a major factor in Jordan's exit. A point of contention circled around Paul's nefarious high-five habits along with a lack of touches in the offense.
Although the reports were overblown (as noted by head coach Doc Rivers), there seemed to be some fractures in Paul and Jordan's relationship. But the two reportedly talked out their issues, which paved the way for a reunion.
With Jordan back in the fold, the Clippers now boast a talented squad that runs 10-deep. Having added names like Josh Smith, Paul Pierce, and Lance Stephenson this offseason, the Clippers are poised to finally make good on their championship potential.
- Bob Myers steps down from Warriors: 'It's just time'
- Joel Embiid will ultimately decide Nick Nurse's fate in Philly
- Tatum: I was a 'shell of myself' after hurting ankle in Game 7 loss
- NBA releases Finals schedule ahead of Nuggets-Heat series
- Why do players choke under pressure? For the same reason monkeys do