McClung: 2025 Slam Dunk contest 'will be the last year for me'
Orlando Magic guard Mac McClung will be back to defend his title at the 2025 NBA Slam Dunk contest but admits this could be his last appearance in the annual All-Star weekend event.
McClung, who won the last two Slam Dunk contests, told Steph Noh of Sporting News that he doesn't expect to participate next year.
"This will be the last year for me," he said. "I've really loved it. You know, you run out of dunks. So this is probably where I'm at after this."
McClung can make history this year by becoming the first player to win three straight Slam Dunk contests. He'll be competing against the Milwaukee Bucks' Andre Jackson Jr., the Chicago Bulls' Matas Buzelis, and the San Antonio Spurs' Stephon Castle.
"Hopefully, we'll end with a bang," McClung said.
The 2025 Slam Dunk contest will take place Saturday night at Chase Center in San Francisco.
HEADLINES
- Jeremy Lin retires from professional basketball
- Why the Hawks might be this season's most fascinating team
- EuroBasket roundup: Luka scores 39 in loss to France, Germany qualifies for knockout rounds
- Schroder targeted by racial abuse during EuroBasket game
- EuroBasket roundup: Schroder leads world champ Germany to rout of Sweden