Shaq open to co-owning potential Las Vegas expansion team with LeBron
Shaquille O'Neal is willing to work with LeBron James on bringing the NBA to Sin City.
After previously stating that he wants a potential Las Vegas expansion team "all for myself," O'Neal now says he'd be open to being part of an ownership group with James.
"If there's ever an NBA team that’s going to come here, I would definitely like to be involved," the Hall of Famer said in an interview with The Messenger's Arash Markazi. "With LeBron, without LeBron, I just want to be involved."
James, who's also expressed interest in owning an NBA team, told Markazi last month that "it just makes sense" for the league to expand to Las Vegas given that the city is already home to several other sports franchises.
Las Vegas, along with Seattle, has been frequently mentioned as a potential destination for a future NBA team, though commissioner Adam Silver said earlier this month that the league is "not in expansion mode at the moment."
- Report: Suns' Beal targeting Tuesday return vs. Warriors
- Lakers win debut NBA Cup behind dominant performances from LeBron, AD
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters
- Kyrie suffered heel contusion in win over Blazers
- Kerr: Warriors are 'good enough to win a championship'