Jimmy Butler sports new 'emo' hairstyle at media day
Jimmy Butler loves to debut a new hairstyle on media day.
The Miami Heat star arrived Monday with long side-swept bangs and eyebrow and nose piercings, declaring himself "emo" to kick off the upcoming season.
"I'm very emotional right now. This is my emo state and I like this. This is me," Butler said, according to The Associated Press' Tim Reynolds. "This is how I'm feeling as of late."
Last season, Butler showed up at media day sporting hair extensions. When asked for the reason behind the decision, he said he was trying to make the internet mad.
"He's just misunderstood," teammate Bam Adebayo said Monday when asked about Butler's new hairstyle, according to Brady Hawk of Five Reasons Sports.
Adebayo and Tyler Herro also struggled to take Butler seriously during the their photoshoot.
One reason Butler might be feeling emo is Damian Lillard being traded to the Milwaukee Bucks despite originally requesting to be traded to the Heat.
Although Miami missed out on the star guard, Butler is still confident in winning a championship.
"This is our year," Butler said, according to Reynolds. "This is the one. And this one's going to feel real good, by the way."
- Lakers win debut NBA Cup behind dominant performances from LeBron, AD
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters
- Kyrie suffered heel contusion in win over Blazers
- Kerr: Warriors are 'good enough to win a championship'
- Green, VanVleet combine for 51 as Rockets beat Nuggets for 1st road win