Payton sends message to Warriors doubters: 'See you in the playoffs'
Gary Payton II isn't bothered by the notion that some teams aren't afraid of the Golden State Warriors.
During an appearance on 95.7 The Game's "Steiny & Guru" show Thursday, the Warriors guard offered a simple message to his team's detractors.
"I'll see you in the playoffs. We can figure it out in the playoffs," Payton said. "That's the only thing I can say: We'll figure it out in the playoffs.
"If you ain't there, I don't know what to tell you."
The Warriors enter Friday's matchup against the San Antonio Spurs sitting at 40-37 and holding on to the No. 6 seed in the Western Conference. Dropping to between the 7-seed and 10-seed would place them in the play-in tournament.
Payton, a key part of the Warriors' 2022 championship run, missed extended time this season due to an adductor injury and recently landed on the injury report with Achilles soreness. However, he said he'll be good to go for the playoffs.
"Getting there," he said of his health. "We got a couple weeks before it's really time to go. By go time, I'll be ready."
- Spoelstra resolute after loss: We're going to 'get it done' in Game 7
- Report: Bucks hiring Raptors assistant Griffin as coach after Nurse pulls out
- White plays hero as Celtics move within 1 win of historic comeback
- NBA Podcast: Celtics survive, Nuggets wait, Lakers look forward
- K-State's Johnson cleared for NBA draft selection