Doncic fined $35K for making 'money gesture' toward ref in loss to Warriors
Dallas Mavericks superstar Luka Doncic was fined $35,000 for an "inappropriate and unprofessional gesture toward a game official," the NBA announced on Friday.
Doncic made a gesture that seemed to evoke money in his hand after failing to receive a foul call in the final seconds of the Mavericks' 127-125 loss to the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday.
The gesture came in the same contest that the Mavericks are reportedly filing a protest to the league. Dallas claims that after a timeout in the third quarter, the referees indicated the ball would belong to the Mavs but gave it to Golden State instead, leading to a comically easy Warriors bucket.
Doncic put up a gaudy stat line of 30 points, seven rebounds, and 17 assists in the losing effort, dropping the Mavericks to 36-37 on the year.
- Report: Jazz among 4 teams interested in acquiring Herro in Lillard trade
- Middleton not concerned about Giannis' future: It's business as usual
- NBA Podcast: New resting rules, Dame non-stories, Giannis angst
- Iguodala doesn't think he's a Hall of Famer: 'Those guys had no flaws'
- Report: Pacers, Hield working on trade after extension talks stall