Draymond endorses Embiid for NBA MVP
Draymond Green has shared his pick for NBA MVP this season.
The Golden State Warriors forward believes the 2022-23 MVP award has come down to a two-man race between Joel Embiid and Giannis Antetokounmpo, he stated on the latest episode of "The Draymond Green Show."
"Right now in the MVP race, I think it's Joel. I think it's Joel's award to lose," Green said. "I think the way he loses that award is his team starts losing, because Joel's gonna put up Joel numbers, Joel gonna do what Joel been doing. It's Joel's award to lose.
"It's interesting how much things are changing. You look at the standings, they're changing. You look at this MVP stuff, it's changing. Joel should get his first MVP this year. I don't expect Philly to hit some crazy losing streak, and be that they won't do that, it should be Joel's to lose."
Embiid is in the midst of a career year, averaging 33.6 points, 10.3 rebounds, and 4.1 assists through 58 games for the third-place team in the East. Antetokounmpo is averaging 31.3 points, 11.9 rebounds, and 5.6 assists in 56 games this season for the Bucks, who own the best record in the NBA at 51-20.
- Report: Raptors hiring Grizzlies assistant Rajakovic as head coach
- Butler: Heat must do 'hardest of the hard' to come back from 3-1 hole
- Nuggets hold off Heat, move within 1 win of 1st NBA title
- Report: Heat mascot receives medical attention after punch in McGregor skit
- Bruce Brown delivers for Nuggets in Game 4 of NBA Finals