Bucks' Portis out at least 2 weeks with MCL sprain
Milwaukee Bucks forward Bobby Portis will miss at least two weeks with an MCL sprain in his right knee, the team announced Wednesday.
Portis exited Monday's win over the Detroit Pistons early after a Pistons player came down on his leg, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Jim Owczarski. The team already ruled Portis out for Wednesday's game against the Denver Nuggets.
The 27-year-old is averaging 14.4 points and a career-high 10.1 rebounds per game, starting 14 of his 47 contests with Khris Middleton and Giannis Antetokounmpo both missing time.
Portis has a career-high 29 double-doubles this season.
- Lakers hold off Suns after controversial timeout, will meet Pelicans in tourney semis
- Bucks overcome Randle's big night to reach In-Season Tournament semis
- How the Pacers and Pelicans punched their tickets to Vegas
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- Nowitzki had 'plenty of doubts' about Doncic early on