AD coming off bench vs. Spurs after 20-game absence
Davis' minutes will be managed in order for him to potentially close the game, Ham added.
The forward missed 20 games after suffering a foot injury in mid-December.
The Lakers went 10-10 without Davis in the lineup, with fellow star LeBron James picking up a bulk of the scoring load.
Davis was in the midst of his best individual campaign since joining the Lakers in 2019, averaging 27.4 points, 12.1 rebounds, and 2.1 blocks across 25 total games.
Los Angeles remains out of a playoff spot, sitting 1.5 games back of a play-in berth and 3.5 games out of a top-six seed with 34 games remaining.
- Doncic leaves matchup vs. Suns with ankle sprain
- Captains LeBron, Giannis highlight 2023 All-Star Game starters
- Randle scores 37, Knicks rally to beat Celtics in OT
- Curry takes responsibility for ejection: I 'put the team in a tough place'
- Trends to watch: The delicate balance between interior and 3-point defense