Chris Paul starts vs. Celtics after 14-game absence
Paul has missed the Suns' last 14 games due to the ailment, which he suffered in a Nov. 7 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers.
The 37-year-old struggled in 10 contests prior to the injury, averaging a career-low 9.5 points and shooting just 36.8% from the field.
In Paul's absence, backup point guard Cameron Payne averaged 15.1 points and 7.3 assists in 14 starts, knocking down 39.5% of his 3-pointers.
Paul is in his third season with the Suns. He earned All-Star berths in each of the past two campaigns and helped lead Phoenix to the NBA Finals in 2021.
- Report: Kyrie requests trade from Nets; Lakers, Mavericks interested
- Are the Clippers a sleeping giant or a paper tiger?
- 2023 NBA All-Star snubs: Siakam, AD headline notable omissions
- Blazers' Nurkic out until after All-Star break with calf strain
- Crowning The King: Chronicling LeBron's path to Kareem's scoring record