Celtics agree to 2-year, $20M extension with Horford
Horford's new deal will keep him under contract through the 2024-25 season. Before the extension, the 36-year-old was set to become a free agent at the end of the current campaign.
The Celtics acquired Horford from the Oklahoma City Thunder in June 2021, bringing him back for a second stint with the franchise. Boston first signed the big man to a four-year, $113-million deal in 2016, and he played three seasons for the Celtics before opting out of his contract to join the Philadelphia 76ers in 2019.
Horford is averaging 10.9 points and 6.3 rebounds this season. He played a key role in the Celtics' run to the 2022 Finals, particularly with starting center Robert Williams sidelined for seven of Boston's first 14 playoff games.
- Report: Doncic day-to-day after spraining ankle vs. Suns
- Captains LeBron, Giannis highlight 2023 All-Star Game starters
- Randle scores 37, Knicks rally to beat Celtics in OT
- Trends to watch: The delicate balance between interior and 3-point defense
- A radical remodel of local sports TV may come sooner than expected