Simmons to miss at least next 3 games due to calf strain
The Nets added that Simmons will be reassessed after Sunday's contest against the Boston Celtics.
The 26-year-old left Monday's game against the Orlando Magic after just 11 minutes with left knee soreness.
Simmons missed four straight games at the start of November due to knee soreness. He returned and played limited minutes off the bench before missing the second game of a back-to-back on Nov. 13.
The former All-Star recently ramped up to a full workload, averaging 33.3 minutes over the previous six contests before Monday's game. He racked up 14 points, eight rebounds, and 6.7 assists per contest during that span, retaking a spot in the Nets' starting lineup.
- Report: Kyrie requests trade from Nets; Lakers, Mavericks interested
- 5 potential trade destinations for Kyrie Irving
- Grizzlies' Brooks suspended 1 game for striking Cavs' Mitchell in the groin
- Are the Clippers a sleeping giant or a paper tiger?
- 2023 NBA All-Star snubs: Siakam, AD headline notable omissions