Report: Pistons trading for Jazz's Bogdanovic
The Detroit Pistons are finalizing a trade for Utah Jazz wing Bojan Bogdanovic in exchange for big man Kelly Olynyk and guard Saben Lee, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Bogdanovic, 33, is the latest asset to be dealt from the rebuilding Jazz. Utah also traded Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell in separate deals this summer.
The Croatian national is an elite shooter. He's averaged 15 points per game on a 39.2% mark from beyond the arc across 603 contests in eight seasons split between the Brooklyn Nets, Washington Wizards, Indiana Pacers, and Jazz.
Bogdanovic will provide a veteran presence and floor spacing to a Detroit lineup that features two skilled, young guards in Cade Cunningham and Jaden Ivey.
Olynyk will reunite with Utah executive Danny Ainge after the pair spent four years together with the Boston Celtics from 2013-17. Meanwhile, the physically gifted Lee comes to the Jazz averaging 5.6 points across 85 career games.
Utah will clear $5.6 million in cap space and create a $6.8-million trade exception through the deal, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.
- From Miami to Mount Everest, Heat culture is real
- Silver: NBA to announce ruling on Ja after Finals
- Nurse ready for new 76ers era: 'I don't vibrate on the frequency of the past'
- Stevens: Mazzulla returning as coach, Brown 'big part' of Celtics
- Report: Pistons hiring Williams as head coach on 6-year, $78.5M deal