Report: Lakers, Pacers trade involving Westbrook currently dead
A deal involving Los Angeles Lakers star Russell Westbrook heading to the Indiana Pacers for guard Buddy Hield and big man Myles Turner is currently off the table, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania and Bob Kravitz.
The Pacers wanting multiple first-round picks in the swap is what stalled talks, Charania and Kravitz add.
Reports involving the two teams surfaced Wednesday, with the Lakers inquiring about trading for Hield while potentially including Westbrook in a deal.
Los Angeles nearly made a trade with the Sacramento Kings for Hield last offseason but instead moved many of the same pieces to the Washington Wizards for Westbrook.
While including Turner would help balance the deal from a salary perspective, the two-time blocks champion forces the Lakers to add extra value in a potential trade.
- Haliburton's career night pushes Pacers past Celtics to reach tourney semis
- Pelicans pull away from Kings to secure In-Season Tournament semifinal berth
- Harden: Morey, 76ers said max contract was coming
- Stock Watch: What's trending in the NBA
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape