Morant signs max rookie extension worth up to $231M with Grizzlies
Morant will earn the full amount of his contract should he make one of the league's three All-NBA teams.
The former Rookie of the Year dazzled in a breakout 2021-22 campaign, averaging 27.4 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 6.7 assists en route to his first All-Star appearance and a spot on the All-NBA second team.
The Grizzlies advanced to the second round of the playoffs this season after beating the Minnesota Timberwolves in a six-game series. Morant averaged 38.3 points in three contests against the Golden State Warriors before suffering an injury and watching the eventual NBA champions eliminate his team in Game 6.
The 22-year-old guard's show-stopping athleticism and highlight-reel ability have already made him one of the faces of the NBA.
- Nets owner Tsai backs coach, GM amid reported Durant standoff
- Murray, Banchero feud on social media after testy pro-am game
- Draymond, Kuzma say Austin Reaves should keep 'Hillbilly Kobe' nickname
- Report: Bulls, Vucevic have mutual interest in contract extension
- Lowry tried to get Vince Carter back to the Raptors