Smart, Giannis highlight NBA All-Defensive teams
Smart earned a spot on the first team alongside Phoenix Suns wing Mikal Bridges, Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert, Milwaukee Bucks forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Memphis Grizzlies big man Jaren Jackson Jr.
|First Team||Player||Career All-Defensive Team selections|
|F||Jaren Jackson Jr.||1|
This marks Smart's third All-Defensive first-team appearance in four seasons, tallying 99 out of 100 first-team votes. Gobert has made six straight All-Defensive first-team selections. Antetokounmpo, the 2020 Defensive Player of the Year, has been selected to the first team in four consecutive seasons.
Bridges and Jackson Jr. received their first All-Defensive nods. It's the first time two players debuted on the first team since the 2018-2019 campaign.
The second team is led by former Defensive Player of the Year honoree Draymond Green with his seventh nod. The Warriors veteran is joined by Bucks guard Jrue Holiday, Miami Heat forward Bam Adebayo, Philadelphia 76ers wing Mattise Thybulle, and Celtics big man Robert Williams, who was picked for his first All-Defensive team.
|Second Team||Player||Career All-Defensive Team selections|
- Report: Beal very likely to opt out, re-sign with Wizards on 5-year deal
- This postseason proved that defense still rules the NBA
- Lillard posts picture of Durant in Trail Blazers jersey
- Undrafted Free-Agent Tracker: Follow signings after 2022 NBA Draft
- LeBron James 'Triple Logoman' card sells for $2.4 million